The Los Angeles Clippers and Sacramento Kings put on a thrilling show on Monday night, with the Clippers eventually prevailing in a close game, 135-131. The game was full of highlights, from Kawhi Leonard’s game-winning shot to Malik Monk’s incredible bench explosion. Here are ten crazy numbers from the game that illustrate just how exciting it was.
1. Malik Monk scored a career-high 32 points off the bench, hitting 11 of his 16 shots, including 6 of 8 from three-point range.
2. Kawhi Leonard had a triple-double with 33 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 assists. It was his first triple-double as a member of the Clippers.
3. The Clippers outscored the Kings in the fourth quarter, 39-26, to secure the victory.
4. The Kings had six players score in double figures, led by Buddy Hield’s 31 points.
5. The Clippers had seven players score in double figures, led by Leonard’s 33 points.
6. The Kings had a total of 34 assists, compared to the Clippers’ 27.
7. The Clippers shot an impressive 50.6% from the field, compared to the Kings’ 47.7%.
8. The Kings outrebounded the Clippers, 53-47.
9. The Clippers had 12 turnovers, compared to the Kings’ 14.
10. The Clippers had nine blocks, compared to the Kings’ four.
It was an exciting game from start to finish, and the numbers show just how close it was. The Clippers eventually pulled away late thanks to Leonard’s game-winning shot and Monk’s bench explosion. It was a thrilling game, and one that will be remembered for a long time.